Admissions & Records
Hours of Operation
How to Apply
- Apply Online! Alternatively, print applications can be picked up at the Admissions Office. NMSU-A has an open admissions policy, meaning that except for certain restricted programs almost anyone with a high school or GED diploma will be admitted.
- Admissions will mail a letter to you concerning any supplemental documents you may need to provide, such as official transcripts.
- If desired, apply for Financial Aid, including loans, scholarships, and/or veterans benefits.
- Contact Academic Advising. All new students must contact an advisor before registering. At this time it will be determined whether Placement Tests must be taken.
- Register for classes. Registration can be done in person or online through my.nmsu.edu.
- Attend an orientation session. Sign up for Orientation sessions through the advising office or online.
Please Note: Admission requirements vary depending on your situation. For further information, please see any of the following that apply to you:
Special Academic Programs
- GED. General Educational Development classes are offered by NMSU-A’s Adult Education Department. For all inquiries please call (575) 439-3812.
- Abitur Program. Family members of German Military stationed at HAFB can complete the Associate of Arts and the Abitur requirements concurrently at NMSU-A. The Abitur program was jointly designed by NMSU-A and the German Air Force to bridge the differences between the German and American educational systems. It was initially approved in 1997 and was formally approved by the German Ministry of Education in October 2002. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information.