How To Register for Classes
How to Register for Classes (Last Updated 3/19/13)
STEP #1 – Create your my.nmsu.edu account.
- GO TO my.nmsu.edu
- CLICK on “Create an Account”.
- Enter your SSN or Student ID # and Date of Birth.
- ACCEPT Terms and Conditions.
- CREATE an NMSU username and password.
- INPUT emergency contact information.
- Log out and then log in again.
- Create 3 “secret” questions to help you remember your password.
STEP #2 – Before you register, check the online class schedule to determine whether the class(es) you want are online or face-to-face. Class Schedule
NOW To Register….
- GO TO my.nmsu.edu (You can access my.nmsu.edu from the NMSU-A homepage.)
- CLICK on STUDENT/FINANCIAL AID TAB on the my.nmsu.edu
- CLICK on registration on left side under “Quick Links.”
- SELECT term (summer or fall) and click SUBMIT.
- CLICK on ADD/DROP from the drop down list.
- SELECT term again and click SUBMIT.
- ACCEPT NMSU Terms and Agreements for payment.
- Enter the 5-digit CRN (course call number) in the boxes at the bottom.
- CLICK on SUBMIT CHANGES to verify your class choice.*
10. CLICK on the PRINTER ICON to get a paper confirmation of your registration to take to the Business Office.
11. Pay for your class(es) at the NMSU-A Business Office by the deadline. (Deadlines – p.5 of the online Registration Guide.)
* If you see a RED DOT • with a message, you are NOT registered for that course. If it shows “Closed Section,” the class is full. If it shows you have “Holds,” go to the bottom of the page and click on “View Holds.” Contact the department indicated by the hold.
NOTE: You must register in person if any of the following apply:
- Instructor Approval
- Independent Study
- Nursing Courses
- Class graded Audit or SU