Hours of Operation
Thanks for your interest in NMSU Alamogordo!
First Time Students
- Apply Online! To apply in person, print applications can be picked up at the Admissions Office. NMSU-A has an open admissions policy, which means almost anyone with a high school or GED diploma will be admitted, except for certain restricted programs.
- After Applying
- Admissions staff will contact you concerning any supplemental documents you may need to provide, such as official transcripts.
- If desired, apply for Financial Aid, including loans, scholarships, and/or veterans benefits.
- Contact Academic Advising. All new students must contact an advisor before registering. At this time it will be determined whether Placement Tests must be taken and any student holds may be lifted.
- Register for classes. Registration can be done in person in the Student Services Building, or online through my.NMSU.edu.
- After registering, pay Tuition & Fees. You can pay in person at the NMSU-A Business Office or online through my.NMSU.edu. Please contact the NMSU-A Business Office at (575) 439-3603 if you have any questions.
- Purchase Textbooks. Textbooks are available at the NMSU-A Bookstore site.
- Attend Class. Welcome to NMSU-A!
Returning Students (Within One Year)
- You do NOT have to re-apply.
- Complete the registration process as described above, however, also contact Advising at (575) 439-3720, advisingNMSUA@nmsu.edu. An advisor will lift student holds prior to registering.
Returning Students (After One Year Leave)
- You must complete a Readmission Application with Admissions or Apply Online!.
- In addition to completing the process as described above, you must review classes and degree requirements with Advising. Contact Academic Advising at (575) 439-3720 or advisingNMSUA@nmsu.edu.
- Why Attend NMSU-A?
- Our History
- Area Information
- NMSU-A Student Government