Hours of Operation
Regular Degree Status Admission
If you are wanting an associates degree then you must be admitted as Regular Degree Status student (for a listing of all associate degrees offered please see the Degrees & Certificates page).
In general, admission requirements as a regular degree seeking student are listed below. Note, however, that after submitting an Application for Admission we will contact you and let you know exactly what you need to submit. If you have any questions concerning this process please contact the Admissions Office at (575) 439-3700 or via email at admissNMSUA@nmsu.edu.
- The completion of an Application for Admission. There is a one-time application fee of $20 that will be charged at the time of registration.
- An official transcript of the student’s high school credits or GED scores. Transcripts must be sent directly from the high school or GED Testing Center to:
NMSU-A Admissions and Records Office
2400 N. Scenic Drive, Alamogordo, NM 88310
- If the high school transcripts or GED test results do not provide adequate information for a final admissions decision, NMSU-A may require the applicant to submit official results of the American College Testing (ACT) Program test battery.
Minimum Qualification for Admission
- Graduation from any state high school or academy in the United States accredited by a regional accrediting association or approved by a state department of education or state university; or
- A General Educational Development (GED) Diploma.