GED Prep & Testing
How to register for the GED Examination
An email account is required to register for the GED. (Some free email account providers are: yahoo.com; outlook.com; and google.com.)
Create Your GED Account
- Go to www.ged.com
- Complete the “Sign up for MyGED™ today” section and click on the Sign Up button.
- Enter basic demographic information. i.e., address, birthdate, social security number, etc.
- Respond to questions required by GED Testing Service.
- Receive a login name and password after the account is created and the system determines your eligibility.
(Save login and password in safe place – you will need it in the future.)
- Practice tests are available at GED Ready.
- Any accommodations need to be requested through the GED website.
To Schedule a Test
- Schedule at www.ged.com, or call 1-877-EXAM-GED (392-6433) Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST (which is 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. our time).
- Know the name of your testing center. (New Mexico State University Alamogordo)
- Payment must be made at the time of scheduling with a credit card, a debit card, or with a voucher.
- You will receive a confirmation email with directions to the testing room.
- No shows will forfeit their test fee.
To Check-In At Test Time
- Must have 1 official government issued ID which contains the name, address, date of birth, signature and photograph. If any item is missing from the primary ID and second ID with the missing information is required.
- Arrive at the test center at least 15 minutes before the exam time.
- Bring only the ID with you. All other personal items must be left in your transportation or locked in the provided secured area.
- Sign the Non-disclosure Agreement and the Candidate Rules Agreements.
GED Tests and cost
- The battery consists of four tests: Language Arts (150 minutes), Science (90 minutes), Math (90 minutes), and Social Studies (90 minutes).
- The battery cost is $120.00 or $30.00 per exam. Payment can be made using a credit card, a debit card or a voucher.
- Results are available immediately through your GED account.
- Rescheduling or canceling must be done more than 24 hours before the scheduled test.
- Cost covers up to three attempts per subject without a wait time. Subsequent attempts are subject to a 60-day waiting period and a repayment for the test fee.