Transfer Achievement Scholarship
New students transferring from community colleges ONLY. The scholarship is awarded to students who start either fall or spring semester.
- $1500 for the year will be awarded if the transferable GPA is 3.00-3.49
- $2500 for the year will be awarded if the transferable GPA is 3.50-4.00
- Attend community college(s) ONLY before transferring to NMSU
- Complete a minimum of 30 (90 maximum) transferable semester hours with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (as computed by the NMSU Office of Admissions)
- Advanced placement or credits by exam are not included in the 30 transfer hour requirement.
- Submit official college transcript(s) to the Office of Admission from all colleges attended in order to verify eligibility
- Admitted to Las Cruces campus
- Seeking Bachelor degree
- Scholarship application and FAFSA submitted by March 1st for fall attendance
- Scholarship application and FAFSA submitted by December 15th for spring attendance
- Earn a minimum of 24 semester hours of academic credit (at NMSU) by the end of the second semester.
- By the end of the second semester have a minimum of a 3.25 cumulative GPA
** Developmental courses and other degree requirements that are only taught at the NMSU Community Colleges will count toward the minimum required hours. See Scholar Dollar$ to apply