Thermo Fisher Scientific is offering our future science scholars an opportunity to win $10,000 in scholarship funding for the 2014-2015 Fall semester. This scholarship was created to help provide educational opportunities for the future generation of scientists. Graduate students or undergraduate students must be enrolled in an accredited college for the 2014-2015 Fall semester to qualify for this scholarship. A pre-selected committee will award two $10,000 scholarships and four $5,000 scholarships among the candidates.
Scholarship Award Criteria:
- Candidate must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited college or university for
the 2014-2015 Fall semester
- Candidate must have a declared major of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related life science field
- Graduate students must have received an accumulative undergraduate GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate students should be maintaining a GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during Graduate School
- Sophomores and Juniors must have an accumulative college GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Freshman must have an accumulative high school GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Candidates must complete an application & submit unofficial transcripts [if selected, an official transcript will be required]
- Although not required for an application, references can be submitted to:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Attn: Scholarship Reference
3734 N. Meridian Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
or via email to PierceScholarship@thermofisher.com.
- Deadline for applicants is 3:00:00 p.m. on August 1, 2014
Criteria:College Education majors
Deadline: June 1, 2014 for 2014/2015
Applications available at the NMSU-A Financial Aid Office in Room 603
Applications should be returned to:
Linda Porter, Beta State Scholarship Chairman
27 Calle Cadena
La Luz, NM 88337
The National Federation of the Blind of New Mexico is accepting applications for the three scholarship awards to be given on Saturday, April 5, 2014, at its state convention banquet in Albuquerque.
Amount: $1,000 one time only scholarship
Student must be low income and eligible for the Pell Grant
Student must be enrolled at NMSU-A and maintain a GPA of 3.0
Student must be a high school graduate with a diploma
Student must be in the alternative energies field
Deadline: February 21, 2014 for Spring 2014
Amount: $250 Criteria:
- NMSU-A student
- 2-3 page essay on a topic of your choice
Application Location: Submit essay to 1010 16th Alamogordo, NM 88310 Deadline: Contact organization for deadline For more information please contact Greg Fultz or Tom Reilly – www.UUOtero.org
New students transferring from community colleges ONLY. The scholarship is awarded to students who start either fall or spring semester.
- $1500 for the year will be awarded if the transferable GPA is 3.00-3.49
- $2500 for the year will be awarded if the transferable GPA is 3.50-4.00
- Attend community college(s) ONLY before transferring to NMSU
- Complete a minimum of 30 (90 maximum) transferable semester hours with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (as computed by the NMSU Office of Admissions)
- Advanced placement or credits by exam are not included in the 30 transfer hour requirement.
- Submit official college transcript(s) to the Office of Admission from all colleges attended in order to verify eligibility
- Admitted to Las Cruces campus
- Seeking Bachelor degree
- Scholarship application and FAFSA submitted by March 1st for fall attendance
- Scholarship application and FAFSA submitted by December 15th for spring attendance
- Earn a minimum of 24 semester hours of academic credit (at NMSU) by the end of the second semester.
- By the end of the second semester have a minimum of a 3.25 cumulative GPA
** Developmental courses and other degree requirements that are only taught at the NMSU Community Colleges will count toward the minimum required hours. See Scholar Dollar$ to apply
Amount: vary depending on the scholarship
Criteria: Many scholarships are listed at this website and each have different criteria see each scholarship to know if you are eligible. Application Location: http://scholarships.ptk.org/
Deadline: Each scholarship has a different deadline
Criteria: Must be a continuing or re-admitted NMSU-A student with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and must have earned 12 or more NMSU credits (must not have earned 70 or more credits including transfer credits) Must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits or more at the NMSU-A campus Must be a New Mexico resident SECOND SEMESTER RENEWAL POLICY Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA Must enroll in a minimum of 6 or more NMSU-A credits RE-APPLICATION POLICY Students may re-apply for the following year provided that they have maintained a minimum 2.5 cumulative NMSU GPA and have not earned more than 70 credits
DEADLINE: Scholarships available until funds are depleted
- Be enrolled in the nursing program at NMSU-A.
- Provide a minimum of two letters of recommendation.
- Provide document(s) showing proof of enrollment in NMSU-A, school of Nursing.
- Provide Official Transcript(s) from NMSU-A, and/or other institutions, for college career to date.
Application Location: NMSU-Alamogordo Financial Aid Office Deadline: Applications available throughout the year. Completed Applications must be mailed or delivered to: Larry Albers Scholarship C/O Grace UMC Endowment Foundation, Inc. 1206 Greenwood Lane, Alamogordo, NM 88310-5740 or email to email@example.com
Offers many different scholarship for student transferring and students who attend community college. For more information on each scholarship visit: www.hsf.net under the scholarship page. Application Location: www.hsf.net Deadline: Many different ones for each aid year.