Applications for most of these scholarships are available at the NMSU-Alamogordo Financial Aid Office located in the George Fettinger Student Services Building
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
- The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation seeks high-performing community college transfer students with financial need for its Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship. Providing up to $30,000 each year, it is the largest private scholarship for community college transfer students in the country. If you know any students who stand out for their exceptional academic abilities and achievements, persistence, leadership, and desire to help others, please encourage them to visit the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s website to learn more. The application is open from September 12 to November 7, 2013. http://www.jkcf.org/scholarships/undergraduate-transfer-scholarships/
P.E.O. Continuing Education Grant
- Must be a degree seeking female student at NMSU-Alamogordo
- Must have completed 12 college credit hours and have had at least one semester break at some point in college attendance
- Must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours, online classes accepted
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the most recent 12 hours of college credit. This must be documented by an official transcript of grades from a Registrar’s Office. A copy of grades from the internet will not be accepted
- Must be a United States citizen
- Previous recipients are eligible to apply
- Nursing and Medical Assisting – Associate Degree Scholarship: A $500 scholarship for students who are interested in pursuing associate level degrees, diplomas and certificates related to Nursing, Medical Assisting, Medical Laboratory Technology, Physical Therapy, Veterinary Technology, and Radiologic Technology.
- Art and Design – Associate Degree Scholarship: A $500 scholarship for students who are interested in pursuing associate level degrees related to Art, Computer Aided Design, Fashion Design, Visual Communications, Interior Design, and Computer Graphics.
- Computer Technology and Information Systems – Associate Degree Scholarship: A $500 scholarship for students who are interested in pursuing associate level degrees and certificates related to Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Networking
- Be enrolled in the nursing program at NMSU-A.
- Provide a minimum of two letters of recommendation.
- Provide document(s) showing proof of enrollment in NMSU-A, school of Nursing.
- Provide Official Transcript(s) from NMSU-A, and/or other institutions, for college career to date.
- $1500 for the year will be awarded if the transferable GPA is 3.00-3.49
- $2500 for the year will be awarded if the transferable GPA is 3.50-4.00
- Attend community college(s) ONLY before transferring to NMSU
- Complete a minimum of 30 (90 maximum) transferable semester hours with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (as computed by the NMSU Office of Admissions)
- Advanced placement or credits by exam are not included in the 30 transfer hour requirement.
- Submit official college transcript(s) to the Office of Admission from all colleges attended in order to verify eligibility
- Admitted to Las Cruces campus
- Seeking Bachelor degree
- Scholarship application and FAFSA submitted by March 1st for fall attendance
- Scholarship application and FAFSA submitted by December 15th for spring attendance
- Earn a minimum of 24 semester hours of academic credit (at NMSU) by the end of the second semester.
- By the end of the second semester have a minimum of a 3.25 cumulative GPA
- NMSU-A student
- 2-3 page essay on a topic of your choice
- Degree seeking at NMSU-A
- At least half time (6 cr.)
- New Mexico resident
- Show financial need by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Must NOT be eligible to receive any New Mexico state scholarship or state grant
- Preference given to a continuing or returning student
- Must be a degree-seeking female student
- Must have completed at least 12 college credit hours and have had at least one semester break at some point in her college attendance
- Must be enrolled in no fewer than six semester hours (online classes accepted)
- Must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher for the most recent 12 hours of college credit
- Must be able to give brief description of financial need
- Must be a citizen of the United States
January 3, 2014 for Spring 2014
Applications available at the NMSU-A Financial Aid Office
American Indian Education Program
For a full listing of scholarships, click: HERE
Deadlines April 1st of every year. Associate Degree Scholarships:
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Offers many different scholarship for student transferring and students who attend community college. For more information on each scholarship visit: www.hsf.net under the scholarship page.
Application Location: www.hsf.net
Deadline: Many different ones for each aid year.
Larry Albers Scholarship
Application Location: NMSU-Alamogordo Financial Aid Office
Deadline: Applications available throughout the year.
Completed Applications must be mailed or delivered to:
Larry Albers Scholarship
C/O Grace UMC Endowment Foundation, Inc.
1206 Greenwood Lane, Alamogordo, NM 88310-5740
or email to email@example.com
NMSU-A Continuing Academic Tuition Scholarship
Must be a continuing or re-admitted NMSU-A student with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and must have earned 12 or more NMSU credits (must not have earned 70 or more credits including transfer credits)
Must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits or more at the NMSU-A campus
Must be a New Mexico resident
SECOND SEMESTER RENEWAL POLICY
Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
Must enroll in a minimum of 6 or more NMSU-A credits
Students may re-apply for the following year provided that they have maintained a minimum 2.5 cumulative NMSU GPA and have not earned more than 70 credits
DEADLINE: Scholarships available until funds are depleted
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Amount: vary depending on the scholarship
Criteria: Many scholarships are listed at this website and each have different criteria see each scholarship to know if you are eligible.
Application Location: http://scholarships.ptk.org/
Deadline: Each scholarship has a different deadline
Transfer Achievement Scholarship
New students transferring from community colleges ONLY. The scholarship is awarded to students who start either fall or spring semester.
** Developmental courses and other degree requirements that are only taught at the NMSU Community Colleges will count toward the minimum required hours.
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Otero County Scholarship- UUFOC
Application Location: Submit essay to 1010 16th Alamogordo, NM 88310
Deadline: Contact organization for deadline
For more information please contact Greg Fultz or Tom Reilly – www.UUOtero.org
Larry Albers Scholarship
This scholarship was created by the William Albers Family in loving memory of Larry Albers. During Larry’s stay at a local care center, he received wonderful care in part from several nurses’ aides. These nurses’ aides were attending the local branch university and striving to get their degrees in nursing. They inspired the Albers Family to create this fund with the purpose to help underwrite the expense of students accepted into the School of Nursing at the New Mexico State University of Alamogordo. Application are available at New Mexico State University of Alamogordo at the Financial Aid Office and on this website: http://www.graceumcalamogordo.org/ministry_scholarships.htm (The 2013 applications for this scholarship must be received by 4:00pm on April 15, 2013)
NEW MEXICO LEGISLATIVE ENDOWMENT PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: MAY 10, 2013 FOR 2013/2014
KAPPA KAPPA IOTA SCHOLARSHIP
Must be an education major
DEADLINE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
P.E.O. CONTINUING EDUCATION GRANT
DEADLINE: JULY 26, 2013 FOR FALL 2013
Applications also available at the NMSU-A Financial Aid Office