Instructor: Online Instructor
The Career Step Medical Transcription online program consists of 21 course modules which include anatomy and disease, medical terminology and pharmacology, along with practical experience transcribing authentic clinic note dictation. These 21 course subjects prepare students to work as medical transcriptionists. Exercises and skills assessments throughout each module ensure students master each skill before moving on to the next concept. Knowledgeable student support specialists are available to help you complete the program start to finish. Take up to one full year to complete the online curriculum.
What tools does the program include?
- Intuitive navigation – Simple, intuitive navigation is quick and easy to learn, so students can start making real progress from day one.
- Grade book & enhanced security – The program offers tools to help students set and track study goals, chart their progress, see results from all exercises and tests, and monitor account access to safeguard their private information.
- Interactive coursework exercises – Coursework contains hundreds of exercises that help students review concepts and offer a chance to reflect on their progress.
- Images & visual enhancements – Photos, illustrations, as well as many transcription specific forms, documents, charts, and references enhance students’ learning experiences.
- Transcription practice tools – The course contains online tools that will allow students to practice transcription procedures on hundreds of authentic medical reports using built-in, real-world resources.
- Games & flashcards – Crossword puzzles, word searches, and flashcards are scattered throughout the course, so students will learn important terminology, concepts, and definitions while having fun!
- Text Companion – Multi-book version of the computerized program.
Prepare for a career in the competitive field of medical transcription with this convenient and flexible online course. This curriculum has 21 course modules which include anatomy and disease, medical terminology and pharmacology, along with practical experience transcribing authentic clinic note dictation. Take up to one full year to complete the online curriculum.
If you are looking for a career that is essential in today’s medical offices or if you are looking for a career where you can work from home, consider becoming a medical transcriptionist.
Additional fees: (to be paid upon registration)
Shipping and handling for program is $14.95
Tuition includes online program and foot pedal.
- Medical Transcription Syllabus (PDF, 1.72 MB)
Click “Start Training Program” next to the green button.