Medical Transcription Editor
Special Offer – Pay in full and receive a free Laptop, iPad, Kindle, or $300 off the course price!
The Medical Transcription Editor training program includes 23 course modules and is designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills of medical transcriptionists and medical transcription editors. Numerous exercises and assessments throughout each module ensure that students master each concept before moving on.
The Editor program is similar to the Medical Transcription program with the addition of course subjects that train students to edit reports generated by “voice recognition software.” Doctors frequently dictate their notes, and then turn the dictation over to software to create the official written record. Unless the doctor speaks slowly and distinctly, with no accent, the software misinterprets many words. As a result, a new specialty has developed among medical transcriptionists called the medical transcription editor. Knowledgeable student support advisers are available from program start to finish. Take up to one full year to complete the online curriculum.
What tools does the program include?
- Intuitive navigation – Simple, intuitive navigation is quick and easy to learn, so students can start making real progress from day one.
- Grade book & enhanced security – The program offers tools to help students set and track study goals, chart their progress, see results from all exercises and tests, and monitor account access to safeguard their private information.
- Interactive coursework exercises – Coursework contains hundreds of exercises that help students review concepts and offer a chance to reflect on their progress.
- Images & visual enhancements – Photos, illustrations, as well as many transcription specific forms, documents, charts, and references enhance students’ learning experiences.
- Transcription practice tools – The course contains online tools that will allow students to practice transcription procedures on hundreds of authentic medical reports using built-in, real-world resources.
- Games & flashcards – Crossword puzzles, word searches, and flashcards are scattered throughout the course, so students will learn important terminology, concepts, and definitions while having fun!
- Text Companion – Multi-book version of the computerized program.
Prepare for a career in the competitive field of medical transcription with this convenient and flexible online course. This curriculum has 23 course modules which include anatomy and disease, medical terminology and pharmacology, along with practical experience transcribing authentic clinic note dictation. Take up to one full year to complete the online curriculum.
If you are looking for a career that is essential in today’s medical offices or if you are looking for a career where you can work from home, consider becoming a medical transcriptionist.
Additional fees: (to be paid upon registration)
Shipping and handling for program is $14.95
Tuition includes online program, books and foot pedal.
- Medical Transcription Editor Syllabus (PDF, 1.37 MB)
Click “Start Training Program” next to the green button.