The Engineering Technology program offers Associate in Applied Science Degrees in Electronics Technology, Information Technology, and Biomedical Electronics Technology. The program also offers a Network Specialist Certificate as well as an an Electrical Apprenticeship Program and an Electrical Apprenticeship Certificate of Completion. These programs are designed for the student who has little or no knowledge of the particular field. The curriculum begin with fundamental courses and build toward a greater knowledge of the material while combining laboratory periods. This proven combination provides the necessary link for taking the coursework theory to an application level and ensuring the success of the graduates in their chosen field.
Our primary objective is to prepare the graduate for an entry-level position in industry while our secondary goal is to provide the student with the basic course work necessary for the Engineering Technology bachelor programs at NMSU main campus in Las Cruces. The program core courses, laboratory exercises and internships with local industry provide the graduate with the best possible opportunity to succeed in these careers. A close working relationship between the Engineering Technology Department at NMSU and the Electronics Technology Program at the Alamogordo branch campus assure that courses taken at the branch campus will prepare the student for their junior and senior years in Las Cruces.
The small classes in the Engineering Technology Program result in a student/instructor ratio that allows personal interaction, which strengthens the educational process. This is particularly a great benefit in the laboratory where the instructor can give individualized instruction using the test equipment and in circuit construction. Instructors are recruited that have experience in industry as well as teaching credentials. This brings real world knowledge to the classroom assisting the student in applying the theory to practical applications and produces an enhanced understanding of the course work.
- See the Class Schedule to find out which classes are currently being offered. The abbreviation for Engineering Technology and Information Technology is “ET”, for Biomedical Electronics Technology it is “OEBM” and for Electrical Apprenticeship it is “OEET”.
- See the Course Descriptions for a listing of all Engineering Technology classes that may be offered at NMSU-A in any given semester.
Degrees & Certificates
- We offer Associate in Applied Science Degrees in Electronics Technology, Information Technology, and Biomedical Electronics Technology. The program also offers a Network Specialist Certificate as well as an an Electrical Apprenticeship Program and an Electrical Apprenticeship Certificate of Completion.
- See the following catalog entries in PDF Format for specifics:
- See all available Degrees & Certificates.