New Mexico is a geologic wonderland. This is especially true of the Alamogordo region. Within a short distance of campus:
- a multitude of volcanoes;
- the Rio Grande Rift, where the Earth’s crust is splitting apart;
- the Sacramento Mountains with numerous world famous Paleozoic fossil localities; and
- the unique landscape of White Sands National Monument.
In geology classes, on-site and online, we will explore this geologic wonderland and learn about many of the Earth Science issues facing our society and our community.
- See the Class Schedule to find out which classes are currently being offered. The abbreviation for Geology is “GEOL”.
- See the Course Descriptions for a listing of all Geology classes that may be offered at NMSU-A in any given semester.
Degrees & Certificates
- We do not offer any degrees or certificates in Geology.
- See all available Degrees & Certificates.