Welcome to the Humanities, Social Sciences and Education Division!
The division provides course offerings, degrees and certificates in a wide range of diciplines. Faculty members in the division are committed to providing quality learning opportunities for individuals in the diverse community we serve. The division values excellence and innovative instruction, integrity in all interactions with students and the creation of opportunity from the educational process.
Please explore what we have to offer! Our degrees and certificates are listed below and our areas of study are listed to the right, in the sidebar. The division office is located in the Faculty Office Building.
HSSE Contact Information
- For general information, please call (575) 439-3735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Joyce Hill, Division Head, (575) 439-3736
- Wilma Noriega, Division Administrative Assistant, (575) 439-3735
Assistant Division Heads
- Anne Ricksecker, Communication (COMM); English (ENGL); Community College Development English (CCDE); Community College Developmental Reading (CCDR); Geography (GEOG); Early Childhood Education (ECED); Educational Leadership and Administration (ELA); Education (EDUC); Spanish (SPAN); German (GER); Government (GOV); Women’s Studies (W S); Criminal Justice (C J); Paralegal Studies (PL S); History (HIST); Linguistics (LING); and Philosophy (PHIL); (575) 439-3740.
- Dr. Karen Reid, Anthropology (ANTH); College Studies (COLL); Sociology (SOC); Social Work (S WK); Counseling and Educational Psychology (C EP); Psychology (PSY) and Physical Education – Recreation, and Dance (P E); (575) 439-3744.
HSSE Division Office Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 7:00 AM to 8:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: CLOSED
HSSE Degrees & Certificates Offered
- Associate of Arts Degree
- Associate Degree of Criminal Justice
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood
- Associate Degree in Education
- Associate Degree in Heritage Interpretation
- Certificate in Heritage Interpretation
- Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate in Legal Assistant
- Associate Degree in Social Services
- See All NMSU-A Degrees & Certificates