Change Domain/Linux Password
Changing Your Domain Password
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete
- Click on Change a password
- Type in your old password
- Type in your new password in both boxes
- Click on the arrow
Changing Your Password on the Linux Server
- Ssh into your Linux account on alamo.nmsu.edu.
- Type in your login name.
- Type in your login password.
- Type passwd and press enter.
- Type your new password and press enter. (Note: Your password has to be at least 6 characters long starting with a letter and must contain at least one special character, such as a number)
- Type your new password again and press enter. Your password has been changed and you will need to use your new password the next time you login to the Linux system.