Assistant Professor of Psychology/Counseling and Education Psychology
Ph. D., University of Nevada
Karen Reid graduated from Flagstaff High School in northern Arizona, and had over 20 years experience designing, administrating, and assessing education and training programs for the United States Air Force. She has had more than 8 years of teaching and administrative experience with university-level programs. Karen began teaching at NMSU in fall 2009.
Her areas of specialization include cognition and learning, qualitative and quantitative research methodology, educational evaluation and assessment, and College first-year seminars. Member: American Psychological Association, American Educational Research Association, and American Evaluation Association.
- Stephens College: Associate of Arts, Applied Music (1973)
- Stephens College: Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (1974)
- University of Missouri, Columbia: Master of Education, Counseling and College Student Services (1977)
- Troy State University, Montgomery: Education Specialist, Adult Education Administration (1980)
- University of Nevada Las Vegas: Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Psychology (2009)