New Mexico Sites
- State and Local Government on the Net – New Mexico State Government locator service. Collection includes web documents from state agencies, commissions and other entities, cities, counties, towns and villages within the state
- New Mexico Supreme Court Law Library – Contains links to state Supreme Court & Court of Appeals opinions, NM Statutes, NM Administrative Code, NM Register, court forms, and a wealth of other legal and state government information.
Other Government Resources
- USA.gov – The official U.S. gateway to all government information, USA.gov’s search engine and growing collection of topical and customer-focused links connects you to millions of web pages – from the federal government, local and tribal governments and to foreign nations around the world. It searches more than 51 million web pages from federal and state governments, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories, most of which are not available on commercial websites.
- Meta-Index for U.S. Legal Research – Includes U.S. legal indexes, and links to search tools on legal issues at other sites. Service of Georgia State University College of Law
- GPO Access – Access to U.S. Government Printing Office online documents. Includes links to Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Register, CBDNet, Congressional Record, U.S. Code, Catalog of U.S. Government Publications, and other databases
- THOMAS – Federal Legislative Information on the Web, a service of the Library of Congress. Includes engine to search text of bills of current federal legislature, as well as the Congressional Record and legislative committee information
- White House – Home page of the White House, includes press releases, policy statements, pictorial tours
- Code of Federal Regulations – A codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the Executive departments and agencies of the Federal Government. The CFR online is a joint project authorized by the publisher, the National Archives and Records Administration’s Office of the Federal Register, and the Government Printing Office (GPO) to provide the public with enhanced access to government information
- IRS Forms and Publications – Downloadable forms and other publications from the Internal Revenue Service
- FindLaw – A highly-trafficked legal Web site, providing one of the most comprehensive set of legal resources on the Internet for legal professionals, businesses, students and individuals. Resources include Web search utilities, cases and codes, legal news, an online career center, and community-oriented tools, such as a secure document management utility, mailing lists, message boards and free e-mail.
- U.S. Supreme Court Collection (LII) – Search engine for Supreme Court Decisions, current and historic. Provided by the Legal Information Institute at Cornell University
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – Official site of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Includes policies and procedures; information on intellectual property rights; and how to find, apply for, and report problems with patents, trademarks, and copyright.
- Stateline.org – Site founded to help journalists, policy makers and engaged citizens become better informed about innovative public policies at the state level. Issues covered include anti-terrorism, campaign finance, crime and the courts, education, election reform, health care, land use, politics, taxes, budgets, utility deregulation, and welfare reform
- NCJRS Abstracts – National Criminal Justice Reference Service. Provides abstracts of articles available from the US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics. Full-text articles not available within abstract service
- Regulations.gov – Find, review, and submit comments on Federal documents that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register, the Government’s legal newspaper.
- GovEngine.com – Links to federal, state and local government agencies in all 50 states.
- Politics1.com – Comprehensive guide to American politics with links to news, calendar, issues, etc.
- SearchGov.com – Search for information about federal, state and local government agencies.