NMSU-A Townsend Library
Electronic Journals on the Internet
- Internet Public Library Serials – Directory of e-journals and e-zines in a broad variety of topics. Keyword searchable. Sponsored by the University of Michigan School of Information.
- E-journals.org – Subject directory of e-journals. Part of the WWW Virtual Library started by Tim Berners-Lee.
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) – Free full-text journals, many of which are searchable at the article level. Covers scientific and scholarly subjects. Sponsored by Lund University Libraries in Sweden.
- FreeMedicalJournals.com – Directory of over 1400 free medical journals accessible either by journal title or by speciality.
- PubMed Central – Free full-text journals in biomedical and life sciences. Searchable by keyword or by journal title. Sponsored by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- PLoS Public Library of Science – Online journals in the fields of medicine, biology, genetics, and pathogens. Many search options are provided. Sponsored by a nonprofit group of scientists and physicians.
- Free Full Text Articles – List of over two million free articles on various subjects. Sponsored by Stanford University Libraries.
- HighWire Press – Scientific and medical e-journals with either full or partial free access. Provides search options as well as an alphabetical list of journal titles. Sponsored by Stanford University Libraries.