Archive for March, 2012
Students – if you need and can handle a full time job while going to school, Bank of the Rio Grande is looking for a teller and they need to fill the position quickly. This is not necessarily a professional career position, but it is a great resume builder, and a way to get your foot in the door, and could give you a leg up on getting a professional position in the bank after graduation. Interested students can respond to Rebecca Nezzer at email@example.com. Please include your letter of application and resume.
- Some banking or related cash handling experience preferred.
Basic job includes but is not limited to:
- Handling deposits and cashing checks for customers.
- Answering customer service type questions for customers as needed.
- Ability to balance accurately.
- Will include working alternating Saturdays.
Salary based on experience.
WP Broadcasting (KRSY-AM and KNMZ-FM) is accepting applications for Sales Account Managers. If you like “people”; like to earn counts – we would like to talk with you. Please forward a brief letter or resume to WP Broadcasting, P.O. Box 2710, Alamogordo, NM 88311 or FAX to 575-437-5566 or e-mail to: Lhenke@snmradio.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
K-Mart Corporation is currently hiring for the position of Part-time Customer Service & Sales Associate. Number of openings – 5
Jobs in this category are responsible for providing excellent customer service, selling to and servicing customers within one or more departments. Provides customer assistance and ensures basic merchandise replenishment needs are met in order to deliver a positive customer shopping experience. This is a summary and is not intended to describe all responsibilities and essential functions of the position. KMART IS AN EEO EMPLOYER.
K-Mart Corporation is currently hiring for the position of Part-time Cashier. Number of openings – 10
Responsible for providing excellent customer service, efficiently, and accurately completing sales and service transactions at the cash wraps, as well as handle customer issues that may arise on the sales floor. this is a summary and is not intended to describe all responsibilities and essential functions. KMART IS AN EEO EMPLOYER.
Please apply in person at 3201 N. White Sands Blvd., Alamogordo, NM 88310
K-Mart Corporation is currently hiring for the position of Assistant Manager in Alamogordo, NM.
Provide ‘World Class” customer service by surprising and delighting our customers every day. Assists Store Coach in managing the store including establishing priorities, following up to, and supervising store associates. Works with direct reports and other coaches in order to ensure the implementation of corporate merchandising, operations, and human resources programs and directives. Controls expenses and works to reduce expenses when possible. Follows up on all asset protection procedures to reduce invisible waste. Reviews operations of license departments (i.e., footwear) for optimal service and sales.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or preferred equivalent. Minimum of two years retail experience or preferred equivalent. Extensive knowledge of store merchandising and retail management practices and procedures. Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external associates. Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret information and them implement developed and approved solutions. Organizational skill necessary to receive, disseminate, and follow-up to corporate information flow.
For more information, please call (248) 463-1000
This program is for students currently enrolled in High School that have not reached the 12th grade OR students attending College. Applicants must submit a complete package for EACH job for which they wish to be considered (no later than 20 April 2012)
A complete applicant package consists of the following: Resume, current high school transcript OR college acceptance for next semester (HS seniors), original or certified copy of birth certificate (must be at least 16 years of age at time of appointment.
Mail or submit applicant package to: 49 FSS/FSMCM (Attn: APF Summer Hire); 681 Second St., Room 201; Holloman AFB, NM 88330-8060.
Applicants having any questions may call 575-572-7202 or 575-572-3588.
The USDA New Mexico Farm Service Agency is currently seeking applicants who may be interested in our Permanent Part-time (NTE 40 hrs per pay period) Program Technician positions located in Roy, NM and Socorro, NM. We are interested in applicants who are motivated and are interested in pursuing a career in the federal government.
Interested individuals can view the vacancy announcements by to going to www.usajobs.com and searching vacancy announcement number ADZ624054-NM for the position in Roy, NM and vacancy announcement number ADZ634036-NM for the position in Socorro, NM.
If you have any questions regarding these opportunities, pleas contact Judy Smith, Harding-Quay County Executive Director at (575) 461-3612 or firstname.lastname@example.org ; or Dennis Garcia, Socorro-Catron County Executive Director at (575) 835-1710 or email@example.com.
Company: The New Teacher Project
Salary: not provided
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK; Albuquerque, NM; Tucson, AZ
Great teachers change lives. Every child deserves a quality education, yet in many of America’s largest cities, just half of all students graduate high school. You have the power to change their chances. Teaching is not just another job. It takes passion, intelligence, commitment. Most of all, it takes conviction. Conviction that every student deserves an equal shot. That poverty is not destiny. That a great teacher can put even the most disadvantaged student on track for success.
Are you ready to be that teacher? Apply to a TNTP “Teaching Fellows” program today, and become a teacher for the students who need great teachers the most.
Teaching Fellows may be experienced executives or recent graduates. They come from diverse backgrounds, from engineering to advertising to the arts, and are selected through a highly-competitive application process.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Work Location: Deming, NM
Closing Date: Apply early as this job may be removed or filled as soon as there are sufficient applicants.
Salary: $18.83 per hour
To Apply: http://www.unionpacific.jobs/
Basic Purpose of Job:
Repair and rebuild railroad track. Physical duties will require frequent walking over extended areas with uneven footing; flexibility sufficient for track maintenance tasks such as flexing to pick up tie plates; balance sufficient to walk on ballast; standing for more than half of each work day with periodic breaks; lift/carry and push/pull equipment and other objects weighing 25 lbs. (frequently), 50 lbs. (occasionally), and 75 lbs. (infrequently); occasional climbing on ladders; bending, stooping, and kneeling; good eye-hand coordination; and bilateral dexterity.
- Remove and install ties with tie tongs.
- Cut vegetation and brush when needed.
- Drive spikes into ties with a spike maul.
- Pull spikes with a claw bar.
- Install and remove rail anchors.
- Handle, place, and align tie plates under rails.
- Cut in rails.
- Plug spike holes.
- Lift rails using the manual track jack.
- Sweep, pick, and dig dust and snow from movable track parts.
- Remove and replace ballast.
- Unload or assist in unloading ballast from rail car, cart or truck.
- Adze ties.
- Clip and unclip elastic fasteners.
- Climb ladders.
- Dig holes and trenches.
- Observe condition of tracks, track beds, and track right of way for problems or defects.
- Perform track maintenance, repair, and installation.
- Handle and move track materials and equipment.
- Maintain track beds.
- Work with equipment.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Perform any other work not mentioned above that is required to construct or rehabilitate railroad tracks.
Required Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Applicants must complete a physical agility test to be considered for an interview. If you have taken this test and failed within the last six months, you will not be eligible to apply for this position.
Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Click here to see the requirements to obtain a CDL.
- Experience operating construction or farm equipment.
- Welding or railroad maintenance of way experience.
On a post-offer basis, Union Pacific will conduct an investigation into newly hired or transferred employees regarding their past employment, state and federal criminal history, military history, driving history, education, professional license or certification verification if job-related, Social Security number, prior drug history, and other job-related information. Individuals with felony and/or misdemeanor convictions may not be hired.
Employment with Union Pacific is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical examination. The medical examination includes a drug screen, a color vision exam, and a medical assessment to ensure that candidates can safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. In addition, the company conducts for-cause, post-accident, and random drug and alcohol testing of its employees.
- Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees.
- The probationary period is 60 calendar days.
- Union membership initiation fee and monthly dues or assessments are required as per the collective bargaining agreement.
Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection where the company requires. They will be working:
- Outside and exposed to all weather conditions.
- In many rural remote geographic areas.
- On the road or traveling, as required.
- Potentially on a seasonal basis contingent on weather, business conditions, or seniority.
- Schedules that may consist of five 8-hour days/2 days off; four 10-hour days/3 days off; or ten 8-hour days followed by accumulated rest days. Must be willing to work all 3 shifts, if needed. Subject to overtime, and weekend, holiday, and/or night work.
- Must be willing to work with, on and around moving heavy equipment.
Job applicants who have previously interviewed for this position regardless of geographical location can only reapply for this position after a period of six months has elapsed from the date of the interview
Please apply only to those locations where you are prepared to live and work.
ATAMIR WSMR is looking for data collectors/site monitors to support upcoming test events. Perspective employees must have current driver’s license and clean driving record. Required to obtain a Secret Clearance. Positions are temporary. Send resumes and cover letters to Human Resources, ATTN: Cheri Ferral, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 575-640-3041 for more information.