Archive for November, 2011
NMSU-A Students are invited to attend the Government and Public Service Career Fair to be held on Tuesday, November 15 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The career fair will take place at the NMSU-Las Cruces campus in the Corbett Center Student Union on the first floor. The following is a list of the employers that are registered to attend as of today. The NMSU-Alamogordo students can also access the list and recruiter details on AggieCAREER Manager.
- Albuquerque Police Department
- Aurora Police Department
- Dallas Police Department
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- El Paso Community College
- Irving Police Department
- Kansas City Missouri Police Department
- National Park service
- NMSU Army ROTC
- NMSU Graduate Student Services
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Teach for America
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- US Department of State
- US Department of State – Bureau of Diplomatic Security
- US Department of the Treasury – Internal Revenue Service
- US DOD – National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- US Marine Corps – Officer Programs
- US Navy
- US Peace Corps
- US Secret Service
- USDA – FOREST SERVICE – NATIONWIDE
- USDA – Agricultural Research Service
- USDOI – Office of the Special Trustee for American Indians
On Wednesday, November 9 from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM, the Student Veterans of America at NMSU-A will be hosting a BBQ to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. The BBQ will be held on the patio by the glass house and classroom building. Donations are welcomed to help support the Wounded Warrior Project.
Wounded Warrior Project is a non-profit organization whose mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors. WWP seeks to assist those men and women of our armed forces who have been severely injured during the conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other locations around the world.
We hope to see you there!
The debut of a new play, BUGS, GUNS AND HOT BUNS, a comedy by Alamogordo playwright Robert Trowbridge, opens the NMSU-A Theatre on the Hill’s season with performances on November 11, 12, 18, 19 & 20 at the Rohovec Theatre on the NMSU-A college campus. The curtain goes up at 7:30 pm on Friday and Saturday evenings and the Sunday matinee begins at 2:00 pm.
Set in the early 1980s when Communism was considered a major threat to the West, the play features a group of quirky characters who man the American Embassy in the fictional country of Bulganistan.
This comical play should entertain area active-duty and retired military personnel, as well as civilians. The hectic chases around the stage take place at breakneck speed, with ‘mayhem’ replacing ‘decorum’ in this irreverent glimpse of life in the State Department.
Admission for BUGS, GUNS AND HOT BUNS is $8 for adults and high school students and $4 for children. Advance tickets are available at The Blue Stone and TLC Portraits, as well as at the theatre box office an hour prior to each performance. For more information, call Diana at 439-3689.
The winner of this year’s Halloween decorating/costume contest on campus was the Business Office “Gnome Ville.” The contest was sponsored/organized by the non-exempt staff consortium who plans to make this a yearly event. A “traveling” plaque was presented to the winner and will remain with the Business Office until next year’s winner is declared. The plaque will then “travel” to the new winner.
NMSU-A Student Government members were chosen as judges who used a point system based on the following criteria:
- Group Theme: Does the group have a cohesive theme?
- Creativity & Effort: Did the group use creativity and effort to create their costumes?
- Originality: Are the costumes from an original idea?
- Authenticity: Are the characters authentic and believable?
Other entries included:
- Academic Support Center (Mother Nature & Her Forest Creatures)
- Adult Education (AE The Past Blast)
- Townsend Library (Davy Townsend’s Pirates)
- ProTech (Wandering Gypsies)
- Science Center (Monster MESH)
If you would like to view more pictures, please visit the NMSU-A Flickr page!
All faculty, staff, and students are invited to the Campus Open Forum held by President Jimeno scheduled on Monday, November 7 from 3:00-4:00 pm in the Rohovec.
We look forward to seeing you there!