Archive for February, 2013
V-Day 2013 Otero County presents local men and women, young and old, telling their own true accounts of abuse, domestic violence, gender issues, bullying and difficult choices. “Shattering the Silence” will be staged at the Rohovec Theatre, located on the NMSU-Alamogordo campus, at the following dates and times.
· Friday, February 15 at 7:30 p.m.
· Saturday, February 16 at 7:30 p.m.
· Sunday, February 17 at 2:00 p.m.
Tickets are $5 and may be purchased at the Theatre box office or in advance at the following locations:
· COPE Inc., 909 S. Florida Avenue
· The Blue Stone, 1113 S. White Sands Blvd.
Call 439-3670 for more information.
Read more on our Current Performances page.
This Happenings on the Hill was featured on KRSY on January 28th 2013.
This Happenings on the Hill was featured on KRSY on January 22nd 2013.
The next Student Open Forum will be Tuesday, Feb. 5th from 6:50 pm – 7:30 pm in the Glass House. At this forum, students will learn why accreditation is important to them, their campus, & their community and what to expect when the HLC Accreditation Team is on campus Feb. 11th – 13th. Refreshments will be available.
As the time approaches for the Higher Learning Commission Team Visit Feb. 11-13, several important student activities are planned:
- An Open forum is planned Tuesday, Feb. 5, beginning at 6:50 p.m. in the Glass House. College President Dr. Cheri Jimeno will bring students up to date on what reaffirmation of accreditation means to the college. She will explain the student role in this all-important process.
- Phi Theta Kappa will hold a Town Hall Chat on Wednesday, Feb. 6. All students are invited to this lunch-hour event on the patio. Free pizza will be provided.
During the Team Visit the following week, the team would like to meet with students. If you would like to participate in one of these sessions, please contact one of the Co-Coordinators, Susan Cook in Pro Tech, email@example.com or Mary Ellen Keith in HSSE, firstname.lastname@example.org.