The Paralegal Studies program is designed to give the paralegal a broad background in many different areas of the law. Through practical “how to” courses, students learn about the legal system, acquire skills used in law offices, and are taught the professional and ethical responsibilities of a paralegal. Graduates are eligible to take the national certification offered by the National Association of Legal Assistants. Those who successfully complete this two-day exam are designated Certified Legal Assistants (CLA), and approved for institutional membership by the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE)
- See the Class Schedule to find out which classes are currently being offered. The abbreviation for Paralegal Studies is “PL S”.
- See the Course Descriptions for a listing of all Paralegal Studies classes that may be offered at NMSU-A in any given semester.
Degrees & Certificates
- We offer an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Paralegal Studies as well as a Legal Assistant Certificate.
- See the catalog entry for the Paralegal Studies Associate Degree and Legal Assistant Certificate (PDF).
- See all available Degrees & Certificates.