Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa is the international honor society of the two-year college. The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize and encourage scholarship, leadership, service, and fellowship among associate degree students. Our local chapter, Alpha Nu Beta, is an enthusiastic group of NMSU-A students working to develop their academic careers and their leadership skills.
To qualify for initial Phi Theta Kappa membership:
- You must be enrolled in a regionally accredited institution offering an associate degree program.
- You must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible*)
- You must generally have a grade point average of 3.5**.
- You must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled.
- You must adhere to the moral standards of the society.
**Thereafter, a Phi Theta Kappa member must maintain a high academic standing, generally a 3.25 GPA or higher, to remain a member in good standing
Phi Theta Kappa webpage: http://www.ptk.org
If you have any questions about PTK, please contact one of the advisors.