Vice President for Student Success
Summer Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation
Student Services Administration
Holloman AFB Learning Center
- Take courses to complete the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Associate Degree
- Take courses to complete other Associate Degrees or Certifications with NMSU-Alamogordo and eventually a Bachelor’s degree with NMSU-Las Cruces
- Take classes for fun through Alamogordo Continuing Education
Classes offered at HAFB
- Classes offered in two (2) eight week sessions for fall and spring semesters
- Classes offered in two (2) five week sessions for summer
- Classes offered in the evening and occasionally at lunch
- Open to all students
For complete information, including any prerequisites required for these classes, please contact HAFB Coordinator at the Holloman Learning Center, (575) 479-4318.
More information is available on the NMSU-A Veterans Programs site.
For listings of NMSU-A courses offered at the Holloman Learning Center, please see Class Schedule page.
Please Note! If you are registering for a class held at HAFB and you do not have base access, you must request a base access pass from Admissions at the time you register for classes. Please see the following link for more details:
Please carefully read the procedure below. Registering for an NMSU-A class held at HAFB does not automatically allow you to have access to the base. Accessing the base to attend a class is a privilege granted to you by HAFB, and a procedure is in place to apply for access. If you have any questions please contact the HAFB NMSU-A Coordinator at (575) 479-4318.
These documents must be obtained from the Admissions Office on the NMSU-A Campus. You must submit your completed forms to the Admissions Office on the NMSU-A campus
- After registering for a class, fill out and submit a Base Access Request Form and Background Check Consent Form which you can download in PDF Format or obtain from the Admissions Office on the NMSU-A Campus. You must submit your completed forms to the Admissions Office. The earlier you sign up for a HAFB class and submit the forms the easier it is to get your pass. Upon receipt of your completed forms a “tracking number” will be made by the HAFB Welcome Center. Please note that The Security Forces Squadron (SFS) will conduct a background check, which will take seven (7) working days to process.
- At least two days before the first day of class you must contact the NMSU-A/HAFB Coordinator at (575) 479-4318 to obtain your tracking number. You will not be able to obtain your pass until the day class starts.
- In order to obtain your base pass for the term you are registered for, you must provide the following at the HAFB Welcome Center, which is located outside the base main gate. Hours of operation are from 7:00 AM to 3:45 PM, Monday through Thursday. You must go to the Visitor’s Center during these hours. There are no exceptions.
- Valid driver’s license with picture
- Valid vehicle registration
- Proof of valid vehicle insurance
- Your tracking number
Please note that you will only be issued an access pass for one term at a time. No 2nd 8-week access passes will be issued at the beginning of the 1st 8-week session. If you plan to take an additional HAFB class during the 2nd 8-week session you will need to repeat this procedure.
The NMSU-A/HAFB Coordinator will not sponsor you for a base access pass without having received proof of registration and request for base access from the Admissions Office on the NMSU-A Campus, or for the student’s failure to follow the above listed procedures.
If you register for classes late you must follow the procedure listed above and will need to wait the seven working days for processing. This process can not be expedited. You will not be able to have base access until you have received your tracking number from the NMSU-A/HAFB Coordinator. The HAFB Coordinator will not escort you onto the base in order for you to attend class. Request for base access will not be processed after the last day to drop/add classes (See Schedule of Classes for date).
- Just 12 minutes from Holloman Air Force Base
- On-base, on-line, and on-campus classes available
- On-site coordinator at Holloman Air Force Base Learning Center available for admissions and information advising
- More than 40 degree options
- Nationally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Accredited programs or certified degrees in pre-business, criminal justice, education, nursing, science, fine arts, arts, legal assistant, graphic design, office skills and many others
- In-state tuition for active duty military, spouses and dependents
- Tuition Waiver (PDF). Submit completed form to HAFB Coordinator or NMSU-A Admissions office
- Financial Aid options
- Classes available for the entire family
- Incoming freshman, dual credit, transfers, non-degree, German AF and Arbitur students welcome
- On-site coordinator on base: Monday – Thursday 7:30 – 4:30.
- Apply for admissions
- Submit military waiver and tuition assistance forms
- Register for classes
- Add/drop/withdraw from classes
- Obtain academic and admissions advising
Questions? Contact NMSU-A/HAFB coordinator:
- Bobi McDonald, HAFB Coordinator, baMcDona@nmsu.edu or call (575) 479-4318.