NMSU-A Office of Veterans Programs main function is to serve as the liaison between NMSU-A students and the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
Our duties include:
- Certifying students for required courses which apply to their degree programs
- Reporting adjustments of students schedules credit hours, and final grades
- Ensuring that we are in compliance with all VA regulations and standards
8 Keys to Veterans’ Success:
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for Veterans.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all Veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all Veterans, together with the creation of a designated space (even if limited in size).
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for Veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on Veterans, including demographics, retention and degree completion.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to Veterans.
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for Veterans.
Find additional information below, or from the menu at the top of this page. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, try the search box in the menu. If you still need assistance, fill out the contact form you can access from the menu, or find additional contact information along the right edge of the page.
Must verify enrollment at the end of each month
Automated telephone verification:
- Verifying Enrollment: 1-877-823-2378
Or verify on-line at: https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
Note: The registration document will be automatically emailed to your MyNMSU within 24 to 48 hours after you register for classes.
Note: If you do not wish to use your benefits, please do not email your registration document.
Steps below are instructions on how to receive the email after you register for classes. Download PDF instructions with images
- Log into myNMSU
- Select Student and then Registration
- Select term you are currently registering for
- Select request a registration document via eMail
- Select the correct term and click email me the registration document
- click on the eMail link on the myNMSU home page.
- Forward the emailed schedule to veteransNMSUA@nmsu.edu