Please disregardClose Close Icon
Discover your college. Discover your future!
NMSU-A Office of Veterans Programs main function is to serve as the liaison between NMSU-A students and the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
Our duties include:
- Certifying students for required courses which apply to their degree programs
- Reporting adjustments of students schedules credit hours, and final grades
- Ensuring that we are in compliance with all VA regulations and standards
8 Keys to Veterans’ Success:
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for Veterans.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all Veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all Veterans, together with the creation of a designated space (even if limited in size).
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for Veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on Veterans, including demographics, retention and degree completion.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to Veterans.
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for Veterans.
You may be eligible for several types of VA education and training benefits, but there are many things to consider before you apply for a GI Bill® program. For most participants, the Post-9/11 GI Bill is the best option. Other students would benefit more from the Montgomery GI Bill. The following comparison tools may make it easier to decide which education and training benefits are best for you.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
For every semester you wish to use your VA benefits, each student must submit a copy of their registration document to the Veterans Programs Office.
Note: The registration document will be automatically emailed to your MyNMSU within 24 to 48 hours after you register for classes.
Note: If you do not wish to use your benefits, please do not email your registration document.
Steps below are instructions on how to receive the email after you register for classes. Download PDF instructions with images
The Veterans Lounge is currently closed.