Two Week Spring Break, Beginning March 16

TO: All NMSU Students, faculty and staff

FROM: Chancellor Dan Arvizu

SUBJECT: NMSU announces two-week spring break for students, beginning Monday, March 16

New Mexico State University is implementing a system-wide, two-week spring break for students, beginning Monday, March 16. While coursework will not be held during these two weeks, it’s important to note that the university will remain open. On-campus housing will remain open. NMSU’s Health and Wellness Center, Corbett Center, Dining Services, Police, Fire and all other support services will remain open during this time. NMSU is in continuous communication with regional government and educational partners in response to the escalating circumstances surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19). Additional information for students, faculty and staff will be disseminated by the end of today.

Close Close Icon

Skip to main content

New Mexico State University


Attention New Students: If you are experiencing technical issues when you login to your MyNMSU account, please contact 575.439.3600 or 575.646.1840 or e-mail
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Changing Status

A nondegree student in good academic standing (2.0 NMSU GPA or above) may apply for change-of-status from nondegree to degree (regular) admission by completing a change-of-status application and meeting the requirements for degree (regular) admission status. Nondegree students may not apply more than 30 credits earned under the nondegree status to any NMSU undergraduate degree program.

All documents required for the change-of-status must be in the Admissions and Records Office by the dates posted in the current semester schedule. If all documentation is not received by that date, then the change-of-status will be reviewed for processing the next semester of the student’s enrollment.

Any transfer student who has less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average from his/her previous college(s) and/or vocational schools must submit a letter of appeal to the Admissions Appeal Board for a change-of-status to degree seeking.

For more information please contact the Admissions Office at 575.439.3700 or via email at .