Skip to main content

New Mexico State University


Attention New Students: If you are experiencing technical issues when you login to your MyNMSU account, please contact 575.439.3600 or 575.646.1840 or e-mail
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Helping Agencies

Many students, at one time or another, will need assistance beyond what we can provide in the Office of Student Services. All of us face a variety of personal, social, or financial problems as we move through life. There may be times when these problems seem to be too difficult to deal with on our own. To assist our students in finding the help they need, we have made a list of providers or agencies who have been helpful to students in the past.

The following are agencies or providers who offer assistance with personal and psychological difficulties.

The following are agencies that serve a wide variety of needs for children and families.

  • Children in Need of Services: 501 24th Street, 575.434.3011
    CHINS, a local non-profit organization, has provided services for children and families in Otero & Lincoln Counties for over 30 years. CHINS employs over 100 dedicated professionals providing a variety of services designed to support and strengthen families. This makes CHINS one of the larger employers in Otero County.
  • C.O.P.E., Inc.: 909 So. Florida, 575.43-COPE (2673)
    Provides 24-hour confidential safe-home services for victims of domestic violence.
  • ZIA Therapy Center, Inc.: 900 E. First Street, 575.439.4900
    Provides physical and speech therapy for disabled and disadvantaged children and their families; parenting skill classes and counseling.
  • Family Support Center: Holloman Air Force Base, 850 1st Street, 575.572.7754
    Provides a variety of services for Air Force family, active duty, and retirees. Services include Air Force Aid, Family Education and Life Skills, Financial Management Education, support during family separation, information and referral, spouse deployment counseling, relocation assistance, transition assistance, and volunteer resources.
  • Military Equal Opportunity: 290 1st Street-Suite 1100, Holloman Air Force Base, 575.572.3032
    Provides education in chemical abuse (drugs/alcohol) prevention and human relations. It conducts a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program for military, civilians, retirees, and dependents.

A list of child care providers can be obtained fro the NM Children, Youth, and Families, SSD at 2200 Indian Wells, 575.437.5950



These are agencies that can provides financial assistance.

  • Adult Education: New Mexico State University – Alamogordo, 2400 No. Scenic Drive, 575.439.3812
    Provides a variety of services for students seeking to obtain their GED, improve their basic skills in a range of subjects, instruction in English as their second language, and instruction/information on citizenship.
  • Career Services: New Mexico State University – Alamogordo, 2400 No. Scenic Drive, 575.439.3720
    Provides career advising for students and others interested in exploring career options. Help available for resumes writing, interviewing and job searches.
  • New Mexico Commission of the Blind: 408 No. White Sands, 575.437.0401
    Provides services and training for people and students with visual disabilities.
  • NM Workforce Connection: 901 Alaska Ave, 575.437.9210
    Provides a variety of job related services including unemployment benefits, help finding job, and Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
  • New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation: 2300 Indian Wells, 575.437.6550
    Provides services, including educational assistance, to persons with a variety of disabilities.
  • NM Works/WIA: 1509 A Tenth Street
    Assists Tannif clients, training dislocated workers, and provides training for work skills.


Please check out this Comprehensive Resource Guide put out by the New Mexico Department of Health