Skip to main content

New Mexico State University


Admission Application Deadlines:

Summer 2021 10-week/1st 5-week sessions: April 8 - May 17. Classes start May 26, 2021.

2nd 5-week session: April 8 - June 22Classes start July 1


Fall 2021 16-week/1st 8-week sessions: April 8 - August 9Classes start August 18.

2nd 8-week session: April 8 - October 4Classes start October 13.

New and Readmitting Students: Select "Apply Now" box below

Grievance Procedure Information

New Mexico State University Alamogordo (NMSU-A) has adopted an internal procedure providing for the prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) or of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability.

Students are encouraged to attempt to resolve any problems they might have at the local college level first. Students should initially contact the NMSU-A ASD Coordinator, 575.439.3721, in an effort to resolve problems related to the need for –or provision of– special accommodations, as well as those that are related to access needs or the equalization of learning opportunity.

While students are encouraged to resolve complaints at the college level, any student may contact Laura Castille, Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) at 575.646.3635 and email .

Informal Complaint Procedure

The student may wish or choose to resolve the complaint on an informal basis (such may include mediation, a letter to the professor, a telephone call, or some resolution amenable to the student). A written confidential record of the final outcome or resolution will be retained at the NMSU-A Student Services Office.

Formal Grievance Procedure

All discrimination complaints made to a person in a position of authority must be reported to the director of the Office of Institutional Equity/EEO at the O’Loughlin House, 1130 East University Avenue, Las Cruces, immediately, regardless of whether or not permission was given by the party subjected to the discrimination. Completion of the EEO Grievance Form is required within 15 working days after the occurrence or within 5 working days following the informal complaint process (unless extenuating circumstances warrant exception). The grievance will be accepted or denied in writing by the director of the Office of Institutional Equity/EEO (or designee). If denied, the complainant may appeal in writing to the executive vice president and provost (or designee) within 5 working days of the receipt of written denial letter. If accepted, the party charged will be provided with a copy of the complaint documents and will be extended 10 working days to respond. The complainant will be provided a copy of the response, and may amend the initial grievance within 2 working days to provide any additional documentation. The director of the Office Institutional Equity/EEO (or designee) will investigate relevant issues, secure appropriate statements, and prepare a report for administrative review. All employees and students should be aware that the university is prepared to take action in a timely manner to prevent and remedy such behavior and those individuals who engage in such behavior are subject to disciplinary action. All individuals are required to cooperate with any investigation in response to an allegation of unlawful harassment. Refusal to cooperate in an investigation may result in disciplinary action in accordance with university policy. Any disciplinary action may be appealed through the appropriate procedure.

Complete Appeals/Grievance document can be found at:

The Internal Discrimination Complaint Form can be downloaded from the website or picked up at the NMSU-A Accessibilities Department, Student Services Building, room 206 and sent to the OIE (Office of Institutional Equality) address listed below:
Office of Institutional Equity/EEO
1130 E. University
MSC 3515 P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Office: 575.646.3635
Fax: 575.646.2182
TTY : 575.646.7802

Specific information in the Formal Grievance Procedure can be found at: