Two Week Spring Break, Beginning March 16

TO: All NMSU Students, faculty and staff

FROM: Chancellor Dan Arvizu

SUBJECT: NMSU announces two-week spring break for students, beginning Monday, March 16

New Mexico State University is implementing a system-wide, two-week spring break for students, beginning Monday, March 16. While coursework will not be held during these two weeks, it’s important to note that the university will remain open. On-campus housing will remain open. NMSU’s Health and Wellness Center, Corbett Center, Dining Services, Police, Fire and all other support services will remain open during this time. NMSU is in continuous communication with regional government and educational partners in response to the escalating circumstances surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19). Additional information for students, faculty and staff will be disseminated by the end of today.

Close Close Icon

Skip to main content

New Mexico State University


Attention New Students: If you are experiencing technical issues when you login to your MyNMSU account, please contact 575.439.3600 or 575.646.1840 or e-mail
We apologize for any inconvenience.

New Students

If a student wants to arrange for services and make use of accommodations, he/she must be registered with the Accessibility Services Department. To do this, a student must:

  • Schedule an appointment with the Accessibility Services Coordinator.
  • Provide appropriate documentation of a diagnosis of a disability. Examples of licensed practitioners that can supply appropriate documentation of a disability include:
    • Educational Diagnostician – Can diagnose Learning Disabilities
    • Psychologist/Psychiatrist – Can diagnose Learning Disabilities, ADD/ADHD, Psychological
    • Audiologist, Otolaryngologist – Can diagnose Hearing loss and deafness
    • Physician – Can diagnose Physical or other health impairment, ADD/ADHD
  • Complete forms:
  • Each semester/session, follow the procedure indicated below:
    1. Contact the ASD office to fill out Accommodations Letters.
    2. ASD office will send the Accommodation Letter to the instructor electronically.
    3. Contact your instructor during the First Week of classes to verify if Accommodation letter was received and if instructor needs any further clarification of your needs.